#pulseaudio-meeting Meeting

Meeting started by coling at 21:02:17 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. PulseAudio Roadmap and Development Meeting Part II (coling, 21:02:33)
  2. UCM (coling, 21:03:12)
  3. ORC (coling, 21:59:20)
    1. http://code.entropywave.com/git?p=orc.git;a=blob;f=COPYING;h=2a43304dc69b81ac48f298730930596411d3f699;hb=HEAD (coling, 22:02:42)
    2. AGREED: Orc mandatory dep will be merged for 1.0 (coling, 22:03:51)

  4. Win32 (coling, 22:04:31)
    1. https://github.com/mkbosmans/pulseaudio/compare/mingw32-build (mkbosmans, 22:06:10)
    2. ACTION: coling to merge mkbosmans' win32 build branch \o/ (coling, 22:11:25)

  5. Log Targets (coling, 22:11:57)
    1. https://tango.0pointer.de/pipermail/pulseaudio-discuss/attachments/20110224/4e0435a0/attachment-0002.obj (mezcalero, 22:13:45)
    2. AGREED: vinio's logging patches will be applied once tidied up (FD, not FILED, no log rotation, indentation in help text, string handling and other stuff) (coling, 22:20:55)
    3. AGREED: vinio's patch to use file:<path> prefix rather than searching for / (coling, 22:21:24)

  6. Infinite Loop (coling, 22:24:39)
    1. AGREED: NAK on the Infinite Loop (coling, 22:26:50)
    2. ACTION: coling to follow up and ask for more context and info. (coling, 22:26:59)

  7. LADSPA (coling, 22:27:12)
    1. ACTION: coling to merge the LADSAP stuff. (coling, 22:31:39)

  8. Sound gone weird. (coling, 22:32:08)
    1. No real clue if it's PA or ALSA. More investigation needed. (coling, 22:34:47)
    2. Issue likely to be related to driver, but more testing needed. Try with trivial resampler to see if it occurs less (coling, 22:43:38)

  9. Translations (coling, 22:44:06)
    1. ACTION: Saviq to discuss i18n with dimitris about the ability to get per-change txn merges (coling, 22:49:42)

  10. DBUS Reconnection (coling, 22:50:35)
  11. MAX volume (coling, 22:51:46)
    1. AGREED: We wont change PA_VOLUME_MAX, but add a limiting factor in daemon.conf (coling, 23:03:40)

  12. DBUS Reconnection (coling, 23:04:03)
    1. ACTION: Ford_Prefect to redo PA_VOLUME_MAX patches to be daemon.conf configurable (Ford_Prefect, 23:08:37)
    2. https://tango.0pointer.de/pipermail/pulseaudio-discuss/2010-December/008330.html (coling, 23:10:06)
    3. ACTION: coling to try and debug more. (coling, 23:13:41)

  13. 1.0 Release Schedule (coling, 23:14:05)
    1. AGREED: We will release a 1.0 beta in ~1month (after passthrough stuff is finalised) with the final release coming preferably in ~2months but no later than ~3 months time. (coling, 23:26:53)
    2. AGREED: We will do a (final?) 0.9.x release from stable-queue before 1.0 final release. (coling, 23:27:36)
    3. AGREED: coling to decide on the x11-cork request stuff (coling, 23:46:11)
    4. http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/libc/libcanberra/libcanberra_0.26-1ubuntu10.diff.gz (coling, 23:50:15)

  14. Continuous Automated Build and Integration (coling, 23:53:56)
    1. ACTION: coling to add a roadmap/todo/GSoC/help wanted page to the wiki (coling, 23:54:19)
    2. AGREED: if anyone (e.g. krtaylor or sjoerd) sets up CI we'll do what we can to support it (i.e. with git hooks etc.) (coling, 00:01:07)


Meeting ended at 00:01:38 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. coling to merge mkbosmans' win32 build branch \o/
  2. coling to follow up and ask for more context and info.
  3. coling to merge the LADSAP stuff.
  4. Saviq to discuss i18n with dimitris about the ability to get per-change txn merges
  5. Ford_Prefect to redo PA_VOLUME_MAX patches to be daemon.conf configurable
  6. coling to try and debug more.
  7. coling to add a roadmap/todo/GSoC/help wanted page to the wiki


Action items, by person

  1. coling
    1. coling to merge mkbosmans' win32 build branch \o/
    2. coling to follow up and ask for more context and info.
    3. coling to merge the LADSAP stuff.
    4. coling to try and debug more.
    5. coling to add a roadmap/todo/GSoC/help wanted page to the wiki
  2. Ford_Prefect
    1. Ford_Prefect to redo PA_VOLUME_MAX patches to be daemon.conf configurable
  3. mkbosmans
    1. coling to merge mkbosmans' win32 build branch \o/
  4. Saviq
    1. Saviq to discuss i18n with dimitris about the ability to get per-change txn merges


People present (lines said)

  1. coling (391)
  2. mezcalero (236)
  3. Ford_Prefect (81)
  4. maggie_ (53)
  5. mkbosmans (49)
  6. lasersailor (33)
  7. sjoerd (23)
  8. krtaylor (13)
  9. Saviq (13)
  10. pulsator (12)
  11. elmarco (7)
  12. nirbheek (5)
  13. sreeves1 (3)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.