#pulseaudio-meeting Meeting

Meeting started by coling at 17:08:25 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. PulseAudio Development and Roadmap Meeting (coling, 17:08:47)
    1. HELP: (KevinB, 17:08:59)
    2. AGREED: we all welcome our irc bot overlord (coling, 17:11:03)
    3. passthrough to be done (coded, tested, reviewed) in about a month (coling, 17:15:10)
    4. AGREED: Volume ramping will be removed from git master and reapplied in a feature-branch (coling, 17:21:57)
    5. ACTION: Ford_Prefect will look to remove the volume ramping stuff (remporarily) from git master and move it to a feature branch (coling, 17:23:30)
    6. ACTION: mezcalero to give an assessment of git master stability in the coming week (coling, 17:24:07)

  2. DBUS support (coling, 17:24:47)
    1. AGREED: DBus support will be included in 1.0. It will be clearly labelled as a preview and not finalised/subject to change etc. (coling, 17:30:08)

  3. Mixer Rewrite (coling, 17:30:59)
    1. https://tango.0pointer.de/pipermail/pulseaudio-discuss/2011-January/008716.html (Ford_Prefect, 17:32:10)
    2. http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.audio.pulseaudio.general/8317 (coling, 17:38:58)
    3. AGREED: we'll push the mixer stuff for 1.0 (coling, 17:42:01)
    4. ACTION: coling to merge diwic's mixer rewrite (coling, 17:42:27)

  4. AEC (coling, 17:42:43)
    1. AGREED: AEC will make it into 1.0 (coling, 17:45:28)
    2. ACTION: Ford_Prefect and coling to investigate a way to disable magical AEC enabling for "phone" streams (coling, 17:46:06)

  5. Volumes go up to +11dB (coling, 17:47:01)
    1. http://funroll-loops.info/ ;-) (mezcalero, 17:50:02)
    2. AGREED: Software volume define will be PA_VOLUME_UI_MAX (coling, 17:51:13)
    3. ACTION: coling to add defines and such like for PA_VOLUME_UI_MAX (coling, 17:51:27)

  6. Dealing with Profiles, Ports and Virtual Sinks (in GUIs) (coling, 17:51:42)
    1. ACTION: coling to make sure to explain that PA_VOLUME_UI_MAX is no technical limit, just a recommendation for UIs (coling, 17:52:26)
    2. ACTION: coling to update wiki page about volume control uis (coling, 17:53:04)
    3. AGREED: coling can extend card info to include name, description and icon of sinks/sources enabled in that profile. (coling, 18:03:29)

  7. Priority Lists (coling, 18:04:00)
    1. ACTION: mezcalero to write up a "recommendation" as to how he'd like the priority lists done in core (will take some pestering) (coling, 18:06:29)
    2. ACTION: coling to implement prio lists after getting mezcalero recommended approach from him (likely post 1.0 tho') (coling, 18:09:23)

  8. per-stream vol control for source outputs (coling, 18:09:41)
    1. AGREED: We all want per-stream volumes on source outputs. (coling, 18:11:39)

  9. Headphone Jack Detection (coling, 18:14:01)
    1. AGREED: Jack Detection is hard... We need to discuss how it will work for PC audio with takashi and get that sorted before we move on to PA support, but lets try and push it. (coling, 18:32:44)

  10. UCM (coling, 18:32:52)
    1. AGREED: Further chat re-UCM at 21 UTC (coling, 18:45:05)

  11. participation (coling, 18:46:07)
    1. AGREED: we can arrange meetings on an as-needed basis to discuss specific topics (coling, 18:51:19)
    2. AGREED: coling will take over pavucontrol releases (coling, 18:51:34)
    3. ACTION: mezcalero to give coling a beer (coling, 18:51:42)
    4. ACTION: mezcalero to do what's needed to let coling take over pavucontrol (coling, 18:52:06)

  12. infrastructure (coling, 18:52:27)
    1. ACTION: mezcalero to do somthing about IRC channel (coling, 18:54:06)
    2. ACTION: coling and Ford_Prefect to look at moving our infra to fd.o (coling, 18:57:27)


Meeting ended at 18:58:24 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. Ford_Prefect will look to remove the volume ramping stuff (remporarily) from git master and move it to a feature branch
  2. mezcalero to give an assessment of git master stability in the coming week
  3. coling to merge diwic's mixer rewrite
  4. Ford_Prefect and coling to investigate a way to disable magical AEC enabling for "phone" streams
  5. coling to add defines and such like for PA_VOLUME_UI_MAX
  6. coling to make sure to explain that PA_VOLUME_UI_MAX is no technical limit, just a recommendation for UIs
  7. coling to update wiki page about volume control uis
  8. mezcalero to write up a "recommendation" as to how he'd like the priority lists done in core (will take some pestering)
  9. coling to implement prio lists after getting mezcalero recommended approach from him (likely post 1.0 tho')
  10. mezcalero to give coling a beer
  11. mezcalero to do what's needed to let coling take over pavucontrol
  12. mezcalero to do somthing about IRC channel
  13. coling and Ford_Prefect to look at moving our infra to fd.o


Action items, by person

  1. coling
    1. coling to merge diwic's mixer rewrite
    2. Ford_Prefect and coling to investigate a way to disable magical AEC enabling for "phone" streams
    3. coling to add defines and such like for PA_VOLUME_UI_MAX
    4. coling to make sure to explain that PA_VOLUME_UI_MAX is no technical limit, just a recommendation for UIs
    5. coling to update wiki page about volume control uis
    6. coling to implement prio lists after getting mezcalero recommended approach from him (likely post 1.0 tho')
    7. mezcalero to give coling a beer
    8. mezcalero to do what's needed to let coling take over pavucontrol
    9. coling and Ford_Prefect to look at moving our infra to fd.o
  2. diwic
    1. coling to merge diwic's mixer rewrite
  3. Ford_Prefect
    1. Ford_Prefect will look to remove the volume ramping stuff (remporarily) from git master and move it to a feature branch
    2. Ford_Prefect and coling to investigate a way to disable magical AEC enabling for "phone" streams
    3. coling and Ford_Prefect to look at moving our infra to fd.o
  4. mezcalero
    1. mezcalero to give an assessment of git master stability in the coming week
    2. mezcalero to write up a "recommendation" as to how he'd like the priority lists done in core (will take some pestering)
    3. coling to implement prio lists after getting mezcalero recommended approach from him (likely post 1.0 tho')
    4. mezcalero to give coling a beer
    5. mezcalero to do what's needed to let coling take over pavucontrol
    6. mezcalero to do somthing about IRC channel


People present (lines said)

  1. coling (244)
  2. mezcalero (201)
  3. diwic (40)
  4. Ford_Prefect (25)
  5. maggie_ (22)
  6. tanuk (12)
  7. pulsator (11)
  8. broonie (4)
  9. krtaylor (3)
  10. sreeves1 (2)
  11. mrc3 (1)
  12. vinio (1)
  13. KevinB (1)
  14. sjoerd (1)
  15. urkle (1)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.